Sunday, July 28, 2013

Happy 1 Year Anniversary!


It is July 28, 2013 which means that today we've been married for exactly one year. This year sure went fast and was full of memories. We've spent lazy days in bed, taken lots of long weekends at the beach, visited Florida and Vegas, celebrated birthdays, holidays and our first Christmas married in our home, laughed until we couldn't breath, watched way too many YouTube videos together, cooked delicious dinners, snuggled, played with the puppies, fought {but just a little}, and loved!  When I think back to this exact day a year ago, I couldn't have imaged a more amazing weekend {OK, there were a few bumps!}. We had the "paparazzi, Suhail and Sarosh following us around all weekend and beautiful images that we will cherish for years to come.


The weekend started with our Friday night photo shoot. Saturday morning I woke up early to be pampered and primped by Molly at Glimmer Weddings. The wedding was unbelievably beautiful and everything I could have dreamed of with every detail being PERFECT! The flowers that Nana did were stunning and the colors just popped. Being surrounded by the people who love us most in my favorite place in the world as we celebrated our special day truly meant everything to us. We enjoyed most of the day relaxing at Nana and Papa's inside and on the back deck. Nana and Lynn, my mother-in-law made yummy little appetizers and we had a beautiful little cake. A perfect OBX sunset on the Sound was how we finished up our evening before heading to our beach escape. Sunday morning we woke up early for one last shoot on the beach at sunrise. It truly was everything I could have hoped for and more. I married my best friend, an amazing man and husband who has taught me so much about love and life. I have never felt so loved, taken care of and protected in my life and everyday our love grows and becomes stronger. Roger is a wonderful man who I love having by my side in good times and in hardship. He supports and encourages me in all that I do and has given me strength and confidence to pursue my photography business which I am forever thankful for because it has brought me so much happiness. I am the luckiest woman in the world and I live a blessed life. To document our one year anniversary we had a mini photo shoot in our yard with the tripod and wireless shutter remote. Here are a few of my favorites!



Our love story is a whirlwind romance and for those of you who know it may agree that we were truly meant to be together and were brought together by God. This song captures us perfectly! Here's to many more years together filled with small moments and big milestones. Happy Anniversary to the man I wasn't even going to give my number to, my knight in shining armor and Prince Charming himself, Roger!


<3 I couldn't be happier or ask for a better man to share my life with! Thank you for being persistent and determined on April 30, 2011 our fateful meeting date and for sticking around even when I was not the easiest person to love! 





No comments:

Post a Comment