Friday, June 28, 2013

Cabacar Family

I met the Cabacar's through a mutual friend and student parent who I've remained close with {Thank you Heather}. Heather saw my Baby K maternity shots and asked if it would be OK for her to give KJ my contact info. I was a little hesitant at first because this would be the first shoot that I didn't know the family prior to BUT I was excited to explore this opportunity and thankful for the recommendation from Heather! Of course our first photo shoot was "stormed out" which seems to be the way things are going with this photography business but luckily both Brian and Kerri are teachers so we were able to reschedule from Wednesday evening to Friday morning. We shot at the future home of Christ Chruch and the location couldn't have been more perfect.  

Before the shoot I had heard all about Bryson and I couldn't wait to meet him. Mommy said, "I want some pics of just my newborn but some of my 3 year old too. THAT will be the challenge." and Heather said, "He's as sweet as can be and a big ball of energy. He will make you work for your shots."


Mommy found a bubble recipe on Pinterest {What did we do BEFORE Pinterest?} and daddy whipped up some ginormous bubbles. This is definitely one of my favorite shots from the day and may also be in my all time favorites! Look at that smile. He was having so much fun. Soon after this picture he put his hands right in the bubble and began getting soapy. Then he lost his shoe and naturally dunked his whole foot in the bucket! Before things got too messy we went for a little walk! 


Bryson chilled while mommy watched Riley and daddy played with the bubble concoction. 

Bryson was fast asleep and Riley was picking flowers as well as finding koalas and T-Rexes in the tall grass. Some of my favorite shots are those candid moments when no one is paying attention and this is definitely one of those.


Despite the hot and humid weather and the ever anxious Riley wanting to man-handle hold Bryson he kept fast asleep and was the perfect model! Isn't he gorgeous?!


By now Riley was DONE so this picture is completely his expression with NO coaching. We may have told him that the sign said "BEST Big Brother Ever." We didn't explain that it was a For Sale sign, either way it has me laughing out loud. 


Before Riley escaped (to not really sure where) we were able to get a few family shots and I am in love with this one. 


Mommy found Riley and put him in his carseat so we could sneak a few pictures with just the baby! 

I had an absolute blast meeting this wonderful family. {Thank you again Heather for having faith in me to give a recommendation}. It was so much fun watching a this family interact from behind the lens (as if I wasn't even there). The love that this little family emulated was enough to make anyone smile. {Thank you Kerri and Brian for allowing me to capture some precious moments that I hope you will forever cherish}. After they got the littles buckled in we were able to chat some {teacher talk}! 

I am so pleased with the photos and had such a hard time picking "favorites" to share! I can't wait to put together the slide show:)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment