Saturday, September 14, 2013

Virginia & John






Virginia and John are getting married on November 16th {and I will be shooting their wedding}! Virginia and John are both laid back and easy-going however, they were NOT in love with the idea of an engagement photo shoot. I finally convinced them that it would be a good idea and we set a date. I was half expecting them to not show up haha but they did and we had a great session.... well it didn't start off so great. At one point I remember secretly thinking, "Kimberly, what have you gotten me into?"


Virginia and John arrive and they both do not look overly joyed to see me and my two cameras. I try to break the ice and find out their story and it goes something like this....

Me: So where did you two meet?
John: Online.
Me: Awesome, was it Match, eHarmony, Plenty of Fish....
John: CatholicMatch.
Me: Tell me about your first date... you can tell me to shut up at any time you don't want to answer one of my questions.
John: Coffee.
Virginia: We went for coffee. 
Me: Did you hit it off right away?
John: Yes. Virginia shakes her head and agrees.
Me: Was it love at first sight?
John: Not really. 
Virginia: Nah.


For those of you who know me and know me well you must be cracking up because I am a talker. I like getting to know people and finding out about their lives. Virginia and John weren't giving me much to work with! I decided we needed to just sit down and chat without the camera for a bit to loosen them up! Over drinks, without the cameras they came to life and shared their story. I think it finally came out that they were more worried at what I was asking on Kimberly's behalf {the nosey sister and soon-to-be sister-in-law} than they were about me being nosey.


I promised them no "cheesy poses" and a relaxed photo shoot. I really just wanted to get to know them before showing up at their wedding in a few months. We ended up having a great shoot and before the night was over it was like we were old friends laughing and joking! We shared stories and had a great time. 


1 comment:

  1. Lots of points for your perseverance (and skilled photography!) Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete